Friday, September 25, 2009

Sweet Potato Biscuits

Breakfast for dinner is a favorite in my family.  We usually have it once a week because it's inexpensive and everyone eats without complaining.  I wanted to use up some of the left over mashed sweet potatoes I have in the fridge and thought sweet potato biscuits would be interesting.  I found a recipe on the Betty Crocker Bisquick website and decided to give it try.  Using Bisquick made these come together quickly.   The recipe states a yield of 16 biscuits, but I only got 10.   Guess I made them a little too big.   I also made a cinnamon/sugar butter to spread on them and the combo was outstanding.   This is my new favorite way to use up leftover sweet potatoes.    Unfortunately, they were so yummy hot out of the oven, that I forgot to take a picture.





1 comment:

Annie Jones said...

I'm making mashed sweet potatoes tonight for supper. I doubt there will be leftovers, but if there are, I'll be making these!