Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Perfect Gift



A friend of ours volunteers at a local C.S.A. farm in Milan.  My husband met up with him for coffee the other day, and ended up bringing home this large box full of peppers, tomatoes, eggplant and more.   Check out the huge yellow tomato and the dark purple peppers.  It makes me happy just looking at the colors in this box. 


little eggplants, so cute!

I had some of my homemade marinara left over so I cooked up the eggplant, red, green and yellow peppers in olive oil, along with some onion, fresh tomato and garlic, and then mixed them in with the marinara.  Healthy, delicious and no recipe required!

   
                        

Serve over angel hair pasta. Enjoy!


1 comment:

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

Now that is a great use of leftovers! Love those beautiful and fresh veggies, too!