Friday, December 25, 2009

Daring Bakers Challege December 2009- Gingerbread Houses

My son's "gingerbread" house

The December 2009 Daring Bakers’ challenge was brought to you by Anna of Very Small Anna and Y of Lemonpi. They chose to challenge Daring Bakers’ everywhere to bake and assemble a gingerbread house from scratch. They chose recipes from Good Housekeeping and from The Great Scandinavian Baking Book as the challenge recipes.

Before I go any further, I must admit I did not bake a gingerbread house from scratch this month.   I was very excited about this challenge when I first read about it.  Last year I made graham cracker houses with my kids and it was a very fun project and I was planning on doing it again this year.  I knew it would be even better with real homemade gingerbread.  HOWEVER, I volunteered to help out in my son's classroom with their holiday party this year.  The teacher decided to do a gingerbread house as the craft.  Oh Joy!  After spending two days, constructing and decorating "gingerbread" houses with 25 second graders, I was totally over the idea of decorating houses at home.   Hopefully next year I can give it a try.   Please forgive me. :)


Merry Christmas!! 

No comments: