Saturday, December 19, 2009

Pumpkin Apple Spice Muffins

My first post in over a month.. bout' time, huh?    Colds, flu, Thanksgiving, my birthday and other events with friends and family have taken up most of my time these past 6 weeks.  Now that the kids are out of school, I finally have some time to get back to my blog. 


the cake my husband got me for my birthday, love the fall colors!


Slowly but surely I've been trying to use up the three huge cans of pumpkin puree I picked up at Sam's Club before Thanksgiving.  I found the recipe for the pumpkin muffins over at My Kitchen Cafe.  It's the second recipe I've made from that site and I've been very happy with both of them.  These muffins are very moist and flavorful.  Enjoy!




Pumpkin Apple Spice Muffins

Ingredients:

1 2/3 cups all purpose flour

1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup butter melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 apple, peeled and finely chopped  (I used a Honeycrisp)

For Topping:
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 tablespoons sugar

Directions:

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.  Make a well in center of mixture.

Combine pumpkin, butter, and eggs in another bowl.  Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in chopped apple.

Spoon into paper cup lined muffin tins,  filling two-thirds full.

Combine the 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; sprinkle evenly over muffins.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.



No comments: