Saturday, December 19, 2009

White Christmas Snack Mix

My sister-in law gave me this family recipe of hers a few years ago and it's now become a tradition to make this in my house every Christmas.  You'll need a big bowl to mix this in, as it makes a lot!  I sent some into work with my husband and everyone loved it.  Sweet and salty, the best combination!  Enjoy!




White Christmas

Ingredients:

5 cups Cheerios (original)
5 cups corn or rice Chex cereal
1 (10oz) bag of mini pretzel twists
2 cups  salted peanuts
1 bag  plain M&M's (holiday color)  
2 bags  white chocolate chips
3 Tbls.  vegetable or canola oil

Directions:

Combine first five ingredients into a very large bowl and set aside.

In smaller, microwavable bowl, combine the white chocolate chips and oil, mix well.  Microwave for 1 minute, stir.  Microwave for another minute, stir.  May need one more minute (depending on appliance). 

Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.  (It may seem like there's not enough chocolate to cover it all, but keep stirring, it will coat everything!)

Spread out on parchment or wax paper lined baking sheets to cool.  Store in air tight container. 

3 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

This sounds like a fantastic treat. My children would so enjoy it.

Jane said...

I got this recipe from a patient's wife one December and have been making it every year since then. I've won over two step-children with this addictive stuff!

megan said...

I love this stuff! My aunt makes it every year and I always look forward to it. Now I have the recipe too! :)