Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls




There is an italian restaunt in town called Antonio's, that serves the BEST bread I've ever eaten in a restaurant.  Soft, chewy, warm, and dripping with garlic butter.  When these rolls came out of the oven, my first thought was "they're just like Antonio's, without the garlic!"  Wow, I'm in trouble!  I had one right out of the oven, then ate two more with the Cheddar Corn Chowder that I made for dinner.  If you've never made bread before, I would highly recommend giving these a try.  The recipe calls for short rising times, so they won't take all day to make.  I made these in my Kitchen-Aid Stand Mixer.  The dough hook does all the hard work for you. 


shaped and ready for second rising


hot out of the oven, smells like a bakery!

Easy Dinner Rolls
from The Sisters Dish blog -  Mollys Rolls

Ingredients:

1 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk (heat in the microwave for 30 seconds)
1/3 cup sugar
1 package yeast (2 1/4 teaspoon)
1/3 cup oil
1/2 T salt
1 egg
All-purpose flour (I ended up using a total of 4 1/2 to 5 cups)


Directions:
 In mixer, with dough hook attachment, combine yeast, sugar, and warm water; let grow until bubbly (about 5 minutes). Add milk and mix.  Mix in oil and egg. Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt. Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl.

Let rise in mixing bowl for about 30 minutes (I let mine rise for an hour).   Form rolls as desired and place on a greased cookie sheet.  Let rise an additional 30 minutes.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Brush hot rolls with melted butter.  Makes appx. 2 dozen.

No comments: