Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Nice Surprise!




What a suprise it was to login this morning and see that I've been nominated for a Beautiful Blogger Award!   Michelle at All Home Cooking. All Year Long was so nice to nominate me for this.  Thanks for putting a smile on my face today Michelle! 

Seven Interesting Things About Me:
  1. My favorite food is potatoes!  Fried, mashed, baked, roasted.... the list goes on.  My family used to call me the potato bug. 
  2. I'm not a photograhper and I use a simple point and shoot camera.  If I'm organized enough and can get my dishes made during the day when we still have some natural light, then my pictures can turn out pretty well (I think).  Unfortunately, I'm usually making dinner at 5pm with 3 hungry kids at my heels and am lucky if I remember to even get the camera out! 
  3.  I'm a recovering neat freak.  It's a long process but having 3 children has forced me to bring my standards now a few notches... and then some!  Luckily they are all old enough now to have regular chores.
  4.  I cried at the end of Julie and Julia!  I can relate to Julia being a late-30 something, trying to figure out what to do with the rest of her life.  Guess that's why I started this blog, to share my passion and have some fun along the way. 
  5. I hate Fish, any and all kinds! I've tried several different types and each time I have to spit it out because I can't even swallow it! So, you will not see me post any fish dishes here. Sorry.  
  6. I'm currently addicted to Tim Horton's English Toffee Cappuccino..yes, there is an empty cup sitting on the table next to me as I type.
  7. I've watched Food Network for at least 10 years, but it wasn't until Ina Garten came on that I actually started making the recipes I saw on t.v.  She is my culinary inspiration. 

Upon receiving this honor, I'm supposed to nominate seven other blogs for the same award. I nominate the following seven fabulous blogs:
  1.  The Cookbook Junkie.  This is the first blog I started reading.  I always look forward to seeing the interesting recipes/cookbooks she discovers.     
  2. Real Mom Kitchen.  Check out the incredible bread recipes.  Yum!!
  3. My Kitchen Cafe.  Great recipes and pictures.  I made several of her dishes already and they have all been wonderful.  I highly recommed the cinnamon rolls!
  4. Domestic Cents.  A blog about using domestic arts to live a simple, frugal life.  We all need to do more of this!  Can't wait to try the Oatmeal Bread. 
  5. A Feast For the Eyes.  She's an Ina fan and has a picture of herself with Tyler Florence, very cool!  Great pictures and some wonderful German recipes that I'm looking forward to trying. 
  6. Tried and True Cooking with Heidi.  Love the simple, kid-friendly recipes.  Check out her recipe for Cinnamon-Pretzel Twists.
  7. Full Bellies, Happy Kids.  Love the name... so true!  I've been inspired by several of the recipes from this blog, such as the Ham and Potato Casserole.  Good hearty food! 
If you've been nominated, will you pretty please pay it forward? Here are the guidelines:
  • Thank the person who nominated YOU. :)
  • Copy the award and post it you YOUR blog.
  • Link back to the person who nominated you.
  • Share 7 interesting things about yourself (yourselves).
  • Nominate 7 more bloggers for this award.
  • Post your link to those 7 blogs.


 Thanks!

 
Lisa


















3 comments:

A Feast for the Eyes said...

Lisa, thank you so much for your kind words. Ina is my inspiration, too. Her recipes are easy to make, REAL FOOD-- though, sometimes high on the fat grams. I'm honored, and thank you again.

Heidi said...

Thanks so much!!! You made my day :) I'm glad you enjoyed the cinnamon sugar pretzel twists. My husband tries to eat them all!

Melanie said...

Lisa, thanks for the award! I'm excited to check out a few of your recipes...and I'm glad you liked the breadsticks. Thanks, again!