Monday, January 4, 2010
If you've been around the food blogosphere the past year, you've probably heard of Bakerella. She first caught my attention with her appearance on the Martha Stewart Show last year. When I came across her post for Red Velvet Cake Balls, I was very excited. Red Velvet cake is my husband's most favorite dessert of all time. These are so delicious, but what makes them even better is how easy they are to make. A box cake mix, can of frosting and some chocolate candy coating are all you need. Run to the store and get the ingredients now. You must try these. Really!
Want to see the inside of one? Looks pretty good, huh?
Red Velvet Cake Balls
1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting.
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet.
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra. Let sit until firm.