Saturday, January 16, 2010

Turkey Burger Sliders - White Castle Style










I saw another blog post for this recipe recently that looked so easy and delicious that I had to give it a try.  I decided to use lean ground turkey breast, instead of beef, since I already had that in the fridge.  I was concerned that it may be too dry, so I rubbed a little butter on the bottom of my baking dish first.  This worked out very well.  The minced onions softened nicely and the meat was quite flavorful.  I used Kings Hawaiian Butter Rolls to serve these on and I have to say, topped with some dill pickle slices, they tasted better than White Castle...less greasy, and more meat!  This only takes minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to bake.  Enjoy!


Turkey Burger Sliders-  White Castle Style

makes appx. 16 sliders

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter, divided
1/3 cup dried minced onion
2 lbs ground turkey
6-7 slices american cheese
salt, pepper and garlic powder
Kings Hawaiian Butter Rolls, sliced in half
Dill pickle slices (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Rub the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.  Sprinkle the minced onion flakes in the bottom of the dish.  Press the ground turkey into the dish (on top of the onion) to form one big patty.  Lightly season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.  Using a drinking straw, poke holes all over the meat patty.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, remove from oven, drain excess grease.  Top with cheese slices and return to oven for 2 minutes until melted. 

In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and place rolls, cut side down, cook until very lightly browned.  Serve with a slice of pickle on each burger (if using). 

3 comments:

Kristin said...

These do look tasty... i'm not a huge fan of white castle, but we don't eat fast food at our house!!! I will definitely have to give these a try... my kids would love them!!!s

megan said...

i've actually never been to a white castle before. these look really good though

B. Keefer said...

These look good. We don't have White Castle down here so I've never tried it, but I will be trying this recipe.