Saturday, February 13, 2010

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Hearts


If you like Reese's Cups, then you'll love these!  White chocolate covered Reese's Cups are my husband's favorite candy.  I thought I would make him a special treat for Valentine's Day, since he is working hard in the basement installing new lighting.  I found the recipe for these over at All Home Cooking All Year Long.  Michelle used chocolate chips, but I used  Ghirardelli White Chocolate Candy Dipping Bar, which I picked up at Sam's Club over the holidays.  I love the taste of this product and it melts perfectly.  This only took minutes to prepare and my 6 year old helped make the heart shapes.  I had leftover dipping chocolate that I decided to tint pink and drizzle over the hearts for some color.  Fun to make and even more fun to eat.  Enjoy!

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Hearts
adapted from Michelle at All Home Cooking All The Time

1 cup creamy peanut butter
a dash of salt
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
a dash of vanilla extract
12 oz. white chocolate candy coating

Combine all ingredients (except white chocolate) in a bowl and mix until smooth, with no white specks.   Form into heart shapes and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment or wax paper.  I used extra powdered sugar on my hands to keep the peanut butter from sticking.  Place pan into freezer to let shapes set for 1 hour.

Melt white chocolate in microwave save bowl according to package directions.   Using a skewer or fork, dip into chocolate, let excess drip off.  Place back on sheet pan and put into freezer for another 30 minutes. 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

They look delicious! =D

Mrs. Money said...

Those are beautiful and sound amazing! I should try to make these for my hubby today. :)