Sunday, March 7, 2010

Snow Ice Cream


Well, with spring right around the corner, I thought I should get this one up before we're wearing shorts and flip flops.  Right before mid-winter break, we had a ton of snow fall, which gave my kids two snow days.  Yea!  We scooped up some fresh snow from the back yard and made snow ice cream.  The idea came from Paula Deen.  I saw her do this on her Food Network show years ago.  Luckily, we had a can of sweetened condensed milk in the pantry already.  The kids really enjoy it.  It tastes very good, but I will not lie, the texture is not smooth and creamy like ice cream, it's a little more icy.  It's a fun thing to do with the kids and that's all that matters.  Enjoy!

Snow Ice Cream
adapted from Foodnetwork.com

8 cups of fresh snow
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbls. half-n-half

Mix everything in a large bowl and serve immediately!  

No comments: