Thursday, May 6, 2010

Citrus Marinated Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa


Yesterday was my wedding anniversary, 9 wonderful years together.  But, instead of going out for a romantic dinner for two, we shared a wonderful Mexican feast, at home, with the kids.  In keeping with my desire for lighter dishes, I opted to try this Citrus Marinated Pork Taco recipe, which I found over at the blog, For the Love of Cooking.  This was light, refreshing, yet still very filling.  The kids chose not to eat the Pineapple Salsa, but they really enjoyed the pork.  I let it marinate for 2 1/2 hours and it was perfectly tender and flavorful.   I just love all the colors and fresh ingredients in this meal.  The pork and the pineapple work really well together.  I also put some homemade guacamole and jack cheese on my tacos.  Absolutely delicious!


For the Pork Taco recipe, click HERE
For the Pineapple Salsa recipe, click HERE

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

May 5th was my 9th anniversary too. I completely forgot about it. I guess it's a good thing it's our last one.